We're back with more incredible clinical cases shared by our users on social media!
We hope this newsletter inspires our users to go one step further in exploring digital dentistry.
Those featured in the MEDIT Times will receive a box of tips (valued at USD 300) as a small thank you gift.
We always love to hear your feedback!
Pocketed Splint for Whitening Using Medit Apps
By Alexandru Bogdan
Pocket Preparation Using Medit Design
- The pocket area is selected in the duplicate function mode.
- The resulting base of pockets is thickened.
- The borders of the resulting pockets can be smoothed.
- The resulting pockets are merged to the model with the boolean tool's first option.
Splint Design Using Medit Splints
- A splint is designed with the insertion direction in mind to have most of the vestibular surfaces of teeth to be whitened visible.
- The thickness of the splint must be at least 0.3 mm greater than the thickness of the pockets.
- The splint must encompass a little part of the fixed gingiva of the teeth to be whitened.
Pockets Cut From Initial Splint Using Medit Design
- The splint and model are imported together with the first model of the jaw and the pocket model.
- The splint model must be aligned to the jaw model, and the splint will be repositioned to the jaw model as a group with the splint model.
- The boolean "Cut" function is used to select the splint as A and pocket model as B.
- The result is the whitening tray!
For more on Medit Splints, please click here.
8 Crown Preparations & Immediate Temporaries on the Same Day
By Anurag Gupta
Dr. Anurag Gupta completed eight crown preparations and printed immediate temporaries on the same day using the MEDIT i500.
"The ability to import an existing STL and then continue scanning in Medit makes these cases much more straightforward."
The case was scanned with the MEDIT i500, the wax-up was done in exocad, and printed on Ackuretta SOL with PacDent resin. The total appointment time was four hours 15 minutes.
Smart Shade Guide
By Sameh Shaaban
Dr. Sameh Shaaban compared the accuracy of Medit Smart Shade Guide by comparing it with the results of the X-Rite Shade Matching System.
For more on Medit Smart Shade Guide, please click here.